5/26/2009

God Knows...

... what Mando Diao thought - if they thought at all, that is. Little belated but better late than never: here comes a review of the Mando Diao (8 April) and The Rifles concert (18 April).
As my introduction suggests I didn't really enjoy the Mando concert. Even though I found the new album (Give Me Fire!) astonishingly good their live performance was pretty anticlimatic this time. It started all with Sheepdog. Well who the hell can possibly maintain standing when they play this track? Obviously thousands of people can. Hardly anyone got into motion! It was pure lethargy. And the band seemed to be willing to support this behaviour as I nearly felt asleep during the concert. I was so bored! I honestly had to yawn on and off. They appeared to have a soft spot for their slow songs... and then they even played potentially rocking tracks elatedly and slowly. Super. And as if it were not already enough, there were all these teens dancing as though they'd just left kindergarten, chucks on their feet probably to feel more grown-up and like rockfans, and screaming how cute Björn is and how they all rock. Oh yeah. Sure, kids. And then there was also that mum. She honestly asked my boy-friend to be more careful since there were her kids. Well, my lady, even though this band currently doesn't suggest, this is a ROCKBAND! So please either don't bring your kiddies to a rock concert or accept that there's moshing and pogoing...
So that had me just hope for a better performance by The Rifles ten days later. Then however the evening of the concert came and my bf and I were really struggling to go there. I had my first final exam to come up two days later and we didn't exactly feel like driving 50 mins there and back. In the end however I motivated us to drive there anyway. We decided to take it nice and easy so we first had a shower, ordered some junk food, got dressed and then left. We even arrived almost in time. It was when the second song was played (She's Got Standards... my Rifle's favourite song :D) that we were there. And it was quite a good concert. I've loved the band as long as they've existed. Nice vocals and cool melodies. Just very British :) The concert was really worth the few Euros the ticket cost and - no joking - the front man looked me straight in the eyes many times! There's just like 300 people in that small club so that's not impossible at all. He looked at me quite often. Slobbering. Oh and no, I'm of course not like those kids from the Mando concert... :P

Keine Kommentare: